Quantity Surveyor (All Levels)
|Sector||Construction - Commercial|
Daksta is working with a Tier 1 Main Contractor in Dublin who require Quantity Surveyors at all levels.
The client is a well renowned tier 1 main contractor who operate across multiple offices in Ireland. Our client works across several industries including residential, commercial, retail, fit out and data centres.
- Your main duties in the role will include the preparation of tender reports undertaking project construction cost analysis reports and/or budget management while also supporting the project construction cost analysis reports and budget management.
- You will also be Problem solving and troubleshooting issues and ensuring good communications within the contracts team and external customers
-Advise Design teams and Clients regarding pre contract cost control.
-Pre-contract document preparation
-All post contract functions including; interim recommendations, cost reporting, Client meetings, final account reconciliations on a diverse range of projects
-Responsibility for training and development of assistant and junior Quantity Surveyors as part of team structure
- Liaising with Subcontractors & Suppliers
- Quantity measurement/Bill of Quantities production
- Monthly cost valuations and reports
- Site Surveys
- Checking contract documents
- Handling contract variations
- Ideally 2+ years' experience in a similar role.
- Honours level QS qualification
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good oral & written communication skills.
-Degree qualified in quantity surveying/construction economics
-2+ years relevant post qualification experience
-Preferably acquired in a Contractor.
-Chartered status is preferable but not mandatory.
- A relevant degree in quantity surveying or equivalent
- 8+ years experience in a similar role
- Be an effective communicator
- Excellent IT skills
- Interest in a long-term role