Daksta is working in partnership with a highly reputable M&E Contractor who are looking for a Mechanical Project Manager to work in Galway, Ireland.
This role is available on a permanent or contract basis.
• Arrange and chair handover of project from estimating department to construction team
• Liaise with OM in staffing of project
• Validate project and in doing so develop business plan, cost control system, cashflow and billable schedules, etc.
• Produce procurement plan, drawing / design plan, construction programme, s-curve and histogram
• Liaise with client and design team on procurement and engineering issues
• Agree a training plan for staff and operatives particular to your site in conjunction with the OM
• Manage your site team in the effective day to day running of site activities
• Ensure compliance with programme, materials deliveries and engineering, quality and safety issues
• Attend meetings with Clients
• Hold weekly progress meetings with sub-contractors and ensure that safety and training are discussed
• Ensure testing and commissioning is carried out in accordance with the Quality Plan
• Ensure final design audit (if applicable) is carried out by the EM
• Complete and certify all ‘life systems’ in good time for handover date
• Ensure all systems are demonstrated to Client and District Surveyor
• Handover O&M manual and record drawings
• Prepare final account with the QS, submit and agree with client in line with company objective
• Building Services Engineer / Mechanical Engineer or Senior Trades qualification or equivalent
• Significant Project management experience 7 years+.
• Previous record of delivering medium to large mechanical projects (Commercial, Industrial, pharma, data centre type projects)
• Pre-commissioning & system turnover experience
• HVAC and building services experience
• Commercial Awareness
• Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures – knowledge of the team, their strengths and weaknesses
• The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
• Computer Literacy
• IOSH Managing Safely or CITB SMSTS
We look forward to receiving your applications!