Daksta is working in partnership with an internationally recognised gas shipping company who are looking for a Vessel Manager for their office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Please note, at this stage we cannot accept applications from non EU candidates.
- To ensure that the vessels can operate worldwide as the Ship Management department is of crucial importance. A
- Maintaining an excellent technical state of the vessel and its operational effectiveness.
- Managing 3 to 4 vessels (with a worth of 100 to 150 million euros) autonomously you will give technical advice
and support to the technical crew members on our gas tanker fleet. You lead and give (international) guidanceFurthermore
- Responsible for the vetting results of your vessels;
- Participate and carry out appraisals with both the Chief Engineer and the Captain of the vessels you manage;
- Draft repair specifications and guide the dockings and daily maintenance;
- Administer the docking and maintenance budgets and draft the financial reports;
- Maintain your contacts and are responsible for making agreements and negotiations with suppliers and shipyards;
- Advise the Manager Maintenance and Repair about the technical state of your vessels and give recommendations on future repairs;
- Regularly consult with the Chartering and Operations department about the commercial requirements.
- That you hold a degree at HBO/ WO level which is relevant for the position (e.g. Maritime Officer, Naval Architect, Engineering)
- You have 3 to 10 years’ experience in ship management / ship repair preferably in the position of senior officer onboard or (junior) superintendent;
- Willing, if necessary, to work irregularly and travel internationally (approximately 1 week traveling per 2 months);
- Be decisive, communicative, budget minded, a proven negotiator and result oriented.
We look forward to receiving your applications!